Saturday, May 19, 2007

The oil Crisis week 27

Hi this is Chris long this is my first post about the oil crisis. Let me tell what has happened recently. The government has put out legislation that makes the general publics electricity turn off after 1:00 at night. Only a few select places get to keep theirs on. That was 3 weeks ago now people have been moving out of homes and been flocking to "Green shelters". These Shelters run on Wind, Sun and Ethanol power. They have been popping up on old farms everywhere outside of citys. I am Currently at one and I only get a certain amount of time on the computer. I hope this ends soon.

4 comments:

YuckyMuck said...

I'm not sure it's gonna end Chris, but maybe it'll get better from here if people pull together. It's a good thing there are still some small farms left where those shelters can pop up. How are they doing keeping that running?

-YM

Chris Long said...

our corn suppiles are running low very quickly thus making ethanol almost impossible to make.We are experimenting with biofuel

Unknown said...

Chris, I'm starting to think that the answer is just reducing our need for fuel completely, although that's definitely easier said than done! Wind and solar are a great start, of course - even better if you're in a windy, sunny place. ;)

GalaTeah said...

Well, here it is Week 32, and the situation is better but by no means is it "over." And my guess is that it never will be "over" - this is the way it is from now on, more or less.

I like the idea of the small, efficient power centers! We should look into having more cities build them. Can you tell us how many you've got where you are, and generally how do they work? (are they still working?)